Sunday, February 12, 2012

Work in progress: vintage LP record cake stands

Vintage LP Cake stands (c) 2012 Vera Devera
I'm planning a surprise party with a vintage college prep theme at the end of the month and the birthday boy digs his hi-fi collection. I couldn't think of a better way than these vintage LP cake stands to display the awesome dessert bar that Two for Two Cakes is creating!

Materials include: LPs of various sizes ($0.50-$2.00 at Half Price Books), super glue and candlestick holders (I got mine for an additional 40% off at the Salvation Army) to serve as the base. I spent less than $10 for 4 cake stands.

And below is the inspiration (Oh Happy Day). I did go to TAP Plastics as their tutorial suggested and considered using their plastic cake stands but the records I bought were thicker than those made in the 1960s-70s so I didn't think I needed the extra support from a plastic round.

via Oh Happy Day

1 love notes:

ejbahn said...

Love this idea. My fiance is a big music lover, especially when it comes to vinyl!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails