Monday, June 15, 2009

Inspiration #21: Vintage White Milk Glass Love


One of my collectible obsessions is vintage white milk glass (e.g., above is a lovely cake stand I purchased at the Alameda Flea Market). I buy a fabulous piece every chance I get and I recently Yelped about Polka Dot Attic in Danville, CA. They had a super selection of compotes and vintage cake stands (another obsession). Another good place to find vintage milk glass is online (Ebay and Etsy). Locally, the first-Sunday-of-the-month Alameda flea market offers the opportunity to haggle with vendors for these hard to find collectibles. The typical range I pay for compotes and bowls is between $5-20.

For my vintage garden themed wedding, I've envisioned using a variety of compotes, cake stands, footed bowls, and vases in floral, geometric cut and hobnail patterns. Here are some splendid examples I found online (list of credits below) on how to pull this off:


Photos by Marion Brenner for House & Garden July 2004 as featured on the London Calling Blog | Note Songs Blog
Country Living Magazine | Mr. and Mrs. Gibbons Blog | In This Instance Blog | Life in the Fast Lane Shop on Etsy |
Vintage Glam Blog | Elsea Chelsea Blog | Elizabeth Ann Designs Blog | Apartment Therapy.com | Vintage Florals Blog | Pleasant View Schoolhouse|
Carolina Panache Blog

1 love notes:

The Eclectic Nest said...

I have an obsession with milk glass myself, and also used them for my wedding. Now I must sell them because my hubby wigs out sometimes saying we don't have room for them. I'm selling them on etsy. Come have a look!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheEclecticNest

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails