Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Eames

Chairs. They are top of mind for many brides and most choose the chivari or else go with their venue's house chair. I had assumed the chairs at our venue would be the standard wooden white chairs or else brown and I learned a couple weeks ago that they weren't. In fact, the church administrator said, "They aren't bridal" and recommended we order rentals. There's no way Guitar Fred would let me spend $600-1,000 on chairs alone. So I asked her what they were exactly and she said the wooden molded Eames chair. I envisioned the stackable chairs you had in elementary school. Ick. But Eames -- that's a fabulous designer that I admire. So guess what, they look awesome and they are truly original Eames and vintage (not new like the updated version in the photo below). I'm actually digging it.

{Photo from I Heart Luxe}
 
 {Photo from Modern50.com}

4 love notes:

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Very cool...glad you like them. Chair rentals are ridiculously expensive! We went with the fruitwood chivari for 2 reasons: 1) Our venue has an exclusive party rental company you must use and they had a deal on the chivaris with them 2) our caterer included the chair rentals (chivari and white padded wooden chairs for the ceremony) in our catering package :)

Anonymous said...

I showed Tony your post, and he asked, "Can we get those?" So, Eames chairs for the win!

Angie said...

Where can I rent chairs like that in Los Angeles?!

reidNYSTROM said...

what was the name of the church with these chairs?!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails