Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Inspiration #75: Retro Disney for table "numbers"

Guitar Fred and I spent our first Valentine's Day together at Disneyland and we both picked up litho prints by the artist Shag. They have a distinct mid-century pop look.

For our seating chart, I'd really love to riff off of Shag's 50th Anniversary Disneyland map (below). We'd use push pins with tags attached (the blue ones I got at the Center for Creative Reuse) so guests could find their seats. Tables would be named after rides or "lands" like Frontierland, the Haunted Mansion, Adventureland, etc. Each table would have a frame with a Shag print denoting their table.


3 love notes:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea and I love that midcentury vibe in the art. Good find and I'll look forward to seeing how it turns out!

Heather said...

Love it! Disneyland is one of our favorite places, and we’ll have a “Disneyland” table at the wedding. Our sweetheart table will be named “Fantasyland.”

Vera D. said...

Thanks, 10K Wedding -- I've started to find the artwork to use.

Bicoastal -- I love that your sweetheart table is Fantasyland. Super cute.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails