Thursday, May 7, 2009

#1: An Introduction: Vera D. of Va de Vie Events

My fiance and I have been together for nearly 4 years this October, and we are night and day. I'm outgoing and very active (I'm a multi-tasker), while he's extremely laidback and would prefer to read a book than go out. When I'm not playing tennis, I'm throwing private dinner parties for a roomful of strangers with Canvas Underground in the San Francisco Bay Area.My full name is Vera Devera, and with such a unique name, he's okay with me not taking his last!

He proposed to me a Disney just 3 weeks ago and being the ENFJ that I am, I've already set the date and put up our wedding website! We're also both on a budget -- he's a teacher and self-employed while I work for a nonprofit.

On the side, I am a day-of wedding coordinator and special event consultant (Va de Vie Events), so I have a good idea of who my vendors are going to be (our multi-talented friends who are musicians, chefs, DIYers). I excel at logistics and behind-the-scenes and not so much a arts n'crafts, stitching, printmaking, woodworking, you get the idea!

I've been trawling the blogs as much as you probably have and so far, I'm most impressed with Snippet & Ink.

I started this blog because I was posting all the inspiration I've found to date on my ProjectWedding.com bio page, but I feel it's not an easy way to share or archive what I've discovered. Hence, I started "A Dream Wedding for Only $10,000." Can I really do it? Let me know your experiences so far!

0 love notes:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails