My little sister's bridal shower is this weekend, and I tasked myself with the decorations and favors.
The wedding entourage chose a tea party theme, and I upgraded it to a Parisian tea party with pink, black and white as the main colors. My sister got engaged in Paris, so I thought it would be a nice tribute.
I did all my shopping yesterday -- hitting Paper Outlet, the Party Warehouse, Ichiban Kan (a Japanese equivalent of the 99 cent store), Pier 1, TJ Maxx, IKEA and Target (whew!).
Here's how I fared (all totals include tax at 9.75%):
$2/pp incl. tax for favors
- Eiffel tower mini gift bags 2-pack $0.50 ea. x 10 (Target)= $5.49
- Scallop edged premium tissue paper $2.99 (24 sheets) = $3.28
- Rum raisin votives for $0.38 ea. x 20 (Pier 1 Imports) = $8.34
- Body lotion/bath gel for $0.68 ea. x 20 (Pier 1 Imports) = $14.93
- Tealight votive holders for $1.49 for 4-pack x 5 (IKEA) = $8.18
As for the decorations, I'm borrowing a couple Eiffel tower candle towers from my own MOH, and stringing hanging paper lanterns and garlands. I'm using black and white polka-dot gift wrap as a table runner and pink flower pots to hold white flower topiaries.
- Eiffel Tower table decor - free (borrowed)
- Paper garland (pink) - $1.50 x 4 = $6.58
- Hanging paper lantern - $2.50 x 2 = $5.49
- Pink flower pots - $1.99 x 3 = $6.55
- B/W polka dot gift wrap (as table runners) - $0.50/yd x 3 = $1.65
- Flowers - $10
GRAND TOTAL = $70.49 or $3.52 pp
I can't wait to see how it turns out! I'll post photos next Monday.