A tennis teammate took a photo of us this past weekend and I really hated how I looked! I vowed never to get as big as that ever again and there was a double-chin slowly creeping back. Ugh.
I have been looking for a gym to join to get me out. There's a climbing and fitness gym (Berkeley Ironworks) just 3 blocks from work that offers spin (yes!), fitness group classes and of course, climbing. It's only $67/month compared to the $399 membership (3 months) at another gym that specializes in fitness bootcamp. I even looked into Jumpstart (advertised heavily in local bridal magazines) but I don't think taking weight-loss medicine at $300 a month is really the way to live healthily.
I also need support. My MOH lost a few sizes over the last two years; she was on Weight Watchers initially and eventually incorporated healthy eating and exercise into her lifestyle -- the ultimate goal, right? She is a source of inspiration and support.
To motivate myself, I'm reposting what I wrote in my September 2009 post.
I vow to give up:
1. Being too hard on myself (this one is tough because I tend to be a perfectionist)What have you been doing to jumpstart your health routine?
2. Carnitas (oh, Trader Joe's $3.99 carnitas are my cryptonite!)
3. Feeling bloated (yes, I can't wait to give this one up!)
4. My "big" clothes (Crossroads Trading Company, here I come to trade in)
5. 1-2 hours every day (to exercise and cook instead of watching TV right after work)
6. Believing that I will fail after 2 weeks (so far, so good)
7. Believing that jogging the lake or beach with Munch isn't fun (so not true!)
8. Resistance to changing the status quo